There is no room for error in a 50m Sprint! Check out the Top Skills that the European record holder and European Champion Georgia Davies executes in the race.
- The Start- Quick reaction and strong push off with an efficient back arch position, creating an entry into the water with minimum resistance.
- Tight Streamline and Powerful under water Fly kick phase,
- Carries the speed from the start into a strong break out stroke, coming up into the first stroke ahead of the field.
- Fast Stroke Rate, while catching the water on every arm entry and creating a fast strong pull, producing maximum speed.
- The timing of the Finish is perfected with the final stroke! Hitting the wall on a full arm reach using the power from the legs and speed of the arm throw into the finish pad. The Finish can be a crucial part of the race in a sprint and can be the difference between winning, breaking a record, beating a best time or making it into a final!
Skills like these need to be practised in training for months and years to make improvements and for them to become automatic for high level racing.