For many swimmers, learning how a pace feels and being to hit that pace consistently is one of the hardest but most important things to achieve in training. Translating that pace into a race is also crucial, as you want to be able to feel what that pace is like in order for you not to go out too quick, and instead swim a consistent race and know that you are on track. The tempo trainer offers a great couple of ways to help assist you with this by beeping in different ways to give you feedback, as it sits underneath your swimming hat.
- Mode 1 – Stroke Tempo
- A great way to do improve your consistency is through practising stroke tempo
- Stroke tempo is the interval of time between each of your strokes
- For example, you would input 1.1 if you wanted to do a stroke every 1.1 seconds
- The tempo trainer will give you feedback by giving a simple beep every interval, which would be every time you should be initiating a stroke
- Mode 2 – Interval Mode
- Input an interval time which causes the trainer to beep every time that interval passes
- For example, if you were doing an aerobic swim and wanted to rep 34 seconds every 50m, you would be able to gauge if you were on track with the assistance of the tempo trainer.
- If you are behind the beep you know you need to speed up!
- Mode 3 – Stroke Rate
- Stroke rates are the number of strokes you swim per minute and is similar to stroke tempo
- The tempo trainer will beep every time you are meant to start a stroke
- For example, swimming a set where one of your aims is to maintain a 38-stroke rate. This would be the stroke rate that you know you can hit a certain time with
- Simply by continuously practising swimming with your goal rate, it will become easier for you to gauge your pace when swimming.
SwimPath are delighted to announce the launch of TriPath - Specialists in the Swim Leg of Triathlon competitions!
"TriPath specialise in the Swim Leg of triathlons as this is a critical part of the race which is sometimes overlooked. Our Team of Triathletes offer the full training program for Swim, Run and Bike and are available for Coaching. Our products are designed for performance swimming and the training equipment required to perfect your technique . Products include competition wetsuits, trisuits, goggles and fun swimwear. Our coaches offer expert advice for everything a triathlete needs!"